Summer 2014 Honors Chinese Program for Middle School Students at Hunter College
Please note that we no longer are running our 2014 Chinese Summer
Middle School Program, and so we are no longer accepting any applications.
A. Summer Session
- Face-to-face Session: July 14 to July 24 (Monday - Thursday; 9-3pm)
- Online Session (Optional): July 28 to August 6 (Monday - Friday)
- On Campus Assessment: August 7 (Thursday)
- Location: Hunter College Campus for face-to-face session; Student's home for online session.
B. Online Session and Post-summer Session
- Depending on funding availability, students who successfully complete the face-to-face session and demonstrate excellent academic achievement will be eligible to participate in the two-week online session. Students who complete both the face-to-face session and online session, as well as demonstrate excellent performance, will be eligible to participate in a 10-week post-summer session. For the 10-week post-summer session, students will receive one-on-one online instruction, 1 hour per week. Please indicate on the application form whether your child will be interested in applying. In addition, please also complete the Technology Survey, since the online sessions will be conducted via Chineseforall, an online platform developed by Hunter College.
A. Summer Session
We will be enrolling 15 rising 7th and 8th graders with or without prior Chinese learning experience. Priority will be given to students WITHOUT prior experience.
B. Post-summer session
Students must successfully complete the summer session (face-to-face + online) in order to apply for the post-summer session.
- Fill out the program application form.
- Write an essay (200-300 words) about why you should be accepted by the program.
- Teacher Recommendation Form. Teacher can email the form to email@example.com or mail it to the address listed below.
- Email the application material to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to this address:
2014 Honors Chinese for Middle School Students
Department of Classical and Oriental Studies
695 Park Ave.
New York, NY 10065
You will be notified within three weeks whether or not you have been accepted into the program after you receive the initial confirmation email from us.
Program Cost: FREE
Participants will have to pay for field trips, meals, and transportation to Hunter College during the summer programs.
Applications will be reviewed and accepted on a rolling basis until all the seats are filled.
Download: Application Form for Middle School Students (PDF)
Questions? Call (212) 396-6595 or send an email to: email@example.com
View 2012 Video Clips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2UHozXeI3Y
All students completing the summer program successfully will receive a certificate.
Program Dates and Schedule
|July 14 to July 24
||Face-to-face instruction on Hunter College campus (4 days a week; 9-3pm)
|July 28 to August 6 (Optional)
||Online Session (5 days a week)
September 16 to November 22
(depending on funding availability)
|Post-summer session instruction